to ensure your own safety and to prevent possible damage to your OD‑11:
please turn off the power to all units before connecting your OD‑11 to other devices. this will help prevent malfunctions and/or damage to the speaker or other devices.
even though OD‑11 has very low power consumption, we recommend you to unplug it if you are not going to use it for a long period of time.
please don’t place any liquid container on top of your OD‑11. for example your coffee or water cup. in addition, do not expose your OD‑11 to rain or moisture. clean only with dry cloth.
when placing OD‑11 on a shelf, make sure it’s securely settled and the shelf surface is horizontal to prevent it from falling off.
to protect your hearing, please be careful when turning up the volume to full. do not listen too close to the speaker or for an extented period of time with high volume.
10 ºc to 35 ºc
-10 ºc to 45 ºc
20% to 80% non-condensing
the LED light is located under the grille, on the top of the OD‑11.
the function button is located on the front of the OD‑11.
on the side of OD‑11 you can find line in, and volume buttons (plus and minus).
on the bottom of OD‑11 you can find the power inlet, stereo selector and the optical in.
first, insert the power cord.
you will find the power inlet located in the center of the triangle shape on the back side of your OD-11.
next, you need to connect your OD-11 to your wifi network. go to www.orthoplay.com
and install new speaker.
the procedure differs slightly depending on the device and operating system you use. refer to instructions below.
we recommend you to always keep your speaker updated to the latest speaker OS.
make sure the OD‑11(s) are configured and has a solid white LED. (see setup guide above for how to configure.)
go to www.orthoplay.com
when an update is available, a notification will pop up. press ‘upgrade now’. make sure you do this for all units.
you can also scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see a green update button over any upgradable speaker. click the icon and wait until upgrade is done.
the OD-11 is designed to sound good anywhere in the room. however, there are some guidelines that will improve your listening experience. for instance, if placed on the floor, the grille should be facing upwards and the LED should face the center of the room.
the general rule is that it should sit as close to a wall as possible, but not directly in a corner. optimally, the OD‑11 should be placed no more than 10 cm from the back wall and at least 50 cm from the side wall. when placing a stereo pair, the distance between them should be about 80% of the listening distance.
alternatively, when placing the OD-11 on a shelf, it should be placed on its side with the back side close to the wall.
the LED should always be towards the center of the room, facing upwards if positioned below the listening point and downwards if close to
1. function button.
press function button to select input source.
(line in/optical in/wireless)
2. stereo selector.
select stereo playback channel(s).
in auto mode stereo selector is controlled by the application. default mode is auto. left or right overrides the computer controlled setting and selects the corresponding channel.
3. power inlet.
100-240 VAC input.
4. optical in.
digital optical input (toslink).
5. plus button.
6. minus button.
7. line in.
3.5 mm line level analog audio input.
8. LED light.
situated under the grill.
indicates different modes.
how do i use AirPlay on my iphone?
how do i use AirPlay on my mac?
how do i use spotify connect?
use your phone, tablet or computer as a remote control for spotify. go to spotify.com/connect
to learn how.
the spotify software is subject to third party licenses found here
how do i use bluetooth audio?
this procedure is only required to pair the devices the first time they are used together. as long as the devices are paired, it should be enough to simply connect from the playing device.
note: AirPlay and spotify connect are recommended instead of bluetooth for audio quality reasons.
OD-11 is starting up
OD-11 is in config mode
OD-11 is connected and active
OD-11 is scanning for wifi connection
OD-11 is ready for bluetooth pairing
when pressing the function button the led indicator will change color to reflect the
when pressing the - or + buttons on the speaker base the led will slightly dim to
indicate volume change. dim to green
means maximum volume range was met
and no change is possible.
when upgrading, the led will temporarily
be blinking white, then go from red to
yellow and back to white.
if you want to enter configuration mode:
while power is on, press and hold both the + and - buttons located on the OD‑11 base, for five seconds. OD‑11 will enter config mode, the led will turn yellow and OD‑11 is ready to be setup
(OS 0.9 or older: press and hold the function button located on the OD‑11 base, for five seconds.)
we recommend you to always upgrade the speaker
to the latest OS.
if you wish to factory reset your OD‑11:
in orthoplay, select the speaker, open the settings, click factory reset at the bottom and follow the instructions on the screen.
direct mode provides no audible latency.
it is useful for watching TV or when playing musical instruments.
direct mode is automatically enabled in a single speaker setup with line in or optical input connected.
direct mode is also enabled for a stereo pair if line in or optical in is connected to both speakers in the pair.
built-in RIAA amp
modern turntables with built-in RIAA amp allows you to connect directly to OD‑11.
simply connect with line in to OD‑11 with a 3.5mm audio cable.
built-in RIAA amp
traditional turntables without built-in RIAA amp will need one more step.
connect the turntable to an external RIAA amp and then connect the amp with line in to OD-11.
cabin mode is useful when you don't have a wifi connection but want to set up OD‑11 to work wirelessly with your devices to play offline music.
make sure the OD‑11 is in config mode
(LED shows solid yellow).
press and hold + and - buttons for 3 seconds.
when the LED on the OD‑11 turn white the speaker will create a network ‘OD-11 XXXX (Cabin mode)’. the password to the network is ‘12345678’. to play your offline music with AirPlay join this network.
you can also setup two OD‑11s to join cabin mode to play stereo.
make sure both OD‑11s are in config mode
. (LED shows solid yellow).
press + & - buttons briefly on the first OD‑11.
red blinking LED means no other OD‑11 in config mode found, try again.
green blinking LED means OK, OD‑11 will start cabin pairing process.
verify that both OD‑11s are blinking green.
then press + and - buttons briefly on the second OD‑11.
when the LEDs on both OD‑11s turn white the speaker will create a network ‘OD-11 XXXX (Cabin mode)’. the password to the network is ‘12345678’. to play your offline music with AirPlay join this network.
1. what is a speaker group?
a speaker group is a single speaker or collection of paired speakers, sharing the same playlist. all speakers in a group can be controlled by either orthoplay web, the mobile app or the ortho remote.
2. how do i pair my speakers?
go to orthoplay.com, select the new speaker, click the disclosure button and choose group in the 'move to group' section. in most scenarios a new speaker will auto pair with the current group.
3. how do i split (unpair) my speakers to work as individual speakers?
in orthoplay app go to the settings screen and tap the disclosure button. tap change group to either move to another existing group, or to create a new group.
4. how many speakers can i have paired in one group?
currently you can have two speakers in the same group.
5. how many speakers can i stream my music to simultaneously?
you stream to all speakers in a group. you can stream music across different groups using itunes on your computer. click the AirPlay icon in itunes and select multiple speakers.
1. what is orthoplay?
orthoplay is the piece of software used to control and configure your OD‑11. with it you can organize speakers into groups, set eq, queue playlists, upgrade the speaker os and more.
2. how do i access orthoplay?
3. how do i rename my speakers?
tap the name below the speaker and enter the name you want to use.
the bass boost is made to compensate for the lack of a back wall if the OD-11 is placed freestanding on the floor or in a bookshelf.
it’s the acoustical equivalent of the support a secondary wall gives in the preferred OD-11 placement. it’s also great for anyone who likes more bass!
a filter tailored for increased intelligibility of voice, great for movies and podcasts.
the original OD-11 had a somewhat slender midrange so turning this filter on also transfers the OD-11 from the 70’s into the current time. for music it gives extra clarity and brings it forward and upward.
depending on how your room is furnished, the OD-11 could use some extra treble and that is what you get with the high end boost.
the original OD-11 was designed for the periods more bohemian style of room where the boost was needed. for modern minimalistic apartments the boost is usually not required.
see the ortho remote guide
for information on how to pair with a remote.
ortho directional flow optimized bass
28 – 20.000 Hz (-3dB)
262 x 272 x 262 mm
10.3 x 10.7 x 10.3 in
high density fiber board
woven steel mesh
single design for left/right placement
plus / minus button
stereo selector switch
mono 1 + 1
high efficiency ferrofluid cooled neodymium cone tweeter.
long throw pulp cone 6.5" woofer with
magnetic short circuiting ring.
100 W ultra high efficiency class D
beam forming wifi technology
Bluetooth® classic (AAC)
Bluetooth® 4 LE
3.5 mm stereo audio in
general power requirements
AC 100-240 V 50/60 Hz
universal built-in power supply
mains power cable
country of origin:
important safety instructions
save these instructions for later use.follow all warnings and instructions marked on the audio equipment.
1. read instructions. all the safety and operating instructions should be read before the product is operated.
2. retain instructions. the safety and operating instructions should be retained for future reference.
3. heed warnings. all warnings on the product and in the operating instructions should be adhered to.
4. follow instructions. all operating and use instructions should be followed.
5. cleaning. unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. clean only with dry cloth.
6. attachments. do not use attachments not recommended by the product manufacturer as they may cause hazards.
7. water and moisture. do not use this product near water – for example, near a bath tub, wash bowl, kitchen sink, or laundry tub; in a wet basement; or near a swimming pool; and the like.
8. accessories. do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table. the product may fall, causing serious injury to a child or adult, and serious damage to the product. use only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table recommended by the manufacturer, or sold with the product. any mounting of the product should follow the manufacturer’s instructions, and should use a mounting accessory recommended by the manufacturer.
9. use only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. when a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
10. ventilation. slots and openings in the cabinet are provided for ventilation and to ensure reliable operation of the product and to protect it from overheating, and these openings must not be blocked or covered. the openings should never be blocked by placing the product on a bed, sofa, rug, or other similar surface. this product should not be placed in a built-in installation such as a bookcase or rack unless proper ventilation is provided or the manufacturer’s instructions have been adhered to.
11. power sources. this product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the marking label. if you are not sure of the type of power supply to your home, consult your product dealer or local power company. the primary method of isolating the amplifier from the mains supply is to disconnect the mains plug. ensure that the mains plug remains accessible at all times. unplug the ac power cord from the ac outlet if the unit will not be used for several months or more. the socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible.
12. grounding or polarization. this product may be equipped with a polarized alternating-current line plug (a plug having one blade wider than the other). this plug will fit into the power outlet only one way. this is a safety feature. if you are unable to insert the plug fully into the outlet, try reversing the plug. if the plug should still fail to fit, contact your electrician to replace your obsolete outlet. do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plug.
13. power cord protection. power-supply cords should be routed so that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed upon or against them, paying particular attention to cords at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the product.
14. outdoor antenna grounding. if an outside antenna or cable system is connected to the product, be sure the antenna or cable system is grounded so as to provide some protection against voltage surges and built-up static charges. article 810 of the national electrical code, ansi/nfpa 70, provides information with regard to proper grounding of the mast and supporting structure, grounding of the lead-in wire to an antenna discharge unit, size of grounding conductors, location of antenna discharge unit, connection to grounding electrodes, and requirements for the grounding electrode.
15. lightning. for added protection for this product during a lightning storm, or when it is left unattended and unused for long periods of time, unplug it from the wall outlet and disconnect the antenna or cable system. this will prevent damage to the product due to lightning and power line surges.
16. overloading. do not overload wall outlets, extension cords, or integral convenience receptacles as this can result in a risk of fire or electric shock.
17. object and liquid entry. never push objects of any kind into this product through openings as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short out parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. never spill liquid of any kind on the product.
the apparatus should not be exposed to dripping or splashing, and objects filled with liquids, such as vases, should not be placed on the apparatus. as with any electronic products, use care not to spill liquids into any part of the system. liquids can cause a failure and/or a fire hazard.
18. damage requiring service. unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the following conditions:
(a) when the power supply cord or plug is damaged.
(b) if liquid has been spilled, or objects have fallen into the product.
(c) if the product has been exposed to rain or water.
(d) if the product does not operate normally by following the operating instructions. adjust only those controls that are covered by the operating instructions as an improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage and will often require extensive work by a qualified technician to restore the product to its normal operation.
(e) if the product has been dropped or damaged in any way.
(f) when the product exhibits a distinct change in performance – this indicates a need for service.
19. replacement parts. when replacement parts are required, be sure the service technician has used replacement parts specified by the manufacturer or have the same characteristics as the original part. unauthorized substitutions may result in fire, electric shock, or other hazards.
20. safety check. upon completion of any service or repairs to this product, ask the service technician to perform safety checks to determine that the product is in proper operating condition.
21. heat. the product should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other products (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
22. fire. no naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, should be placed on the product.
23. operation conditions. operating temperature: 10°c to 35°c, storage temperature: -10°c to 45°c, relative humidity: 20% to 80% noncondensing.
to reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this product to rain or moisture.
to prevent electric shock, match wide blade of plug to wide slot, fully insert.
changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
under the influence of electrostatic phenomenon, the product may malfunction and require user to reset.under environment with radio frequency interference, the product may malfunction and require user to reset.under the environment with electrical fast transient, the product may malfunction and require user to reset.caution marking and rating plate is located at back side of the apparatus.
this equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a class b digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the fcc rules. these limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. this equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. however, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. if this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
consult the dealer or an experienced radio/tv technician for help.